Counselling provides you with a supportive, non judgmental and confidential environment in which to explore any personal, emotional, or psychological problems you may be encountering.
Counselling can assist you to identify your own personal resources and capabilities, which are sometimes lost or buried in times of confusion and anxiety. It may enable you to see your circumstances afresh and with clarity so that you can make the necessary changes that will help you at this particular stage of your life
Throughout this process you will be encouraged, supported and empowered to look at yourself from a different perspective. The aim is not only to help you cope with a current issue or crisis, but to do so in a way that produces learning for the future, so you can feel more in charge of your life. Taking responsibility is an important part of this commitment.
Counselling helps anyone who wants to make changes in their life and needs some guidance and support in achieving it. You may want an improved quality of life, a better work/life balance or a greater sense of fulfillment or satisfaction.
Or you might want to work on a specific issue such as:
- managing depression;
- overcoming feelings of anxiety and fear;
- dealing with grief, loss and trauma;
- stress management;
- increase self-esteem and confidence;
- enhance personal relationships;
- dealing with issues related to addictions;
- handling obsessions and compulsions;
- managing anger or violence;
- becoming more assertive;
- improving your self-confidence;
- overcoming procrastination;
- improving your time management;
- returning to work or changing your career.
Whatever issue you wish to address, we will work together in a confidential and safe environment to enable the appropriate change to happen.